How do I file for an annulment?

by Dinnebier & Demmerle on July 31, 2012

It is relatively easy to file for an annulment. However, getting a court to annul a marriage can be tricky even if it is a very short marriage. Without more details a husband and wife having “differences” is not enough.

Essentially for an annulment a party has to show that the marriage was incestuous or bigamous, that a party was too young to marry, was married to another person at the time of the marriage in question, was of unsound mind, did not have the capacity to understand that they were getting married or that they were induced to get married as a direct result of fraud or duress.
Kenneth T. Demmerle

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: